Today is National IPA Day!
The idea of IPA looks to been developed in the 1700s. This happened when shipping ale to India, they would add hops to the beer to increase the longevity of the brew. Brewers thought that adding the hops would help preserve the beer for long voyages to hot climate areas. There was a London Brewer who got some attention for having/knowing the particular style to make this beer.
Celebrate the day by getting yourself a glass of an IPA and enjoying it with, even at a distance or over a zoom call, with a friend.
Here are some local places who brew their own IPA's in the area:
- Blue Collar Brewery - Poughkeepsie
- King's Court Brewing Company- Poughkeepsie
- Plan Bee Farm Brewery- Poughkeepsie
- Obercreek Brewing Company- Wappingers Falls
- Zeus Brewing Company- Poughkeepsie
- Mill House Brewing Company- Poughkeepsie
- Hudson Ale Works- Highland
- Sloop Brewing Co. at The Factory- East Fishkill
- Keegan Ales- Kingston
- Industrial Arts Brewing Company- Gardnerville
- Cousins Ale Works- Wappingers
- Hyde Park Brewing Company- Hyde Park
- Hudson Valley Brewing- Beacon
- Newburgh Brewing Company- Newburgh
- Catskill Brewing- Livingston Manor
- Rip Van Winkle Brewing Company- Catskills
- Crossroads Brewing Company- Catskills
- Subversive Malting & Brewing- Catskills
- Woodstock Brewing- Phoenica
- Honey Hollow Brewing- Earlton
- Crossroads Brewing Company- Athens
- Arrow Farm Brewing- Accord
- New Paltz Brewing Company- Wawarsing
- Rough Cut Brewing Co- Kerhonkson
- Hunter Mountain Brewing- Hunter
- Great Life Brewing- Kingston
Please make sure to check their website, social media, or call, before planning your trip. Please check to see guidelines for COVID-19 per location.