Fire causes heavy damage to Coxsackie home

Fire tore through a Coxsackie home Sunday evening. Around half a dozen fire companies were called to 114 Martin Road just before 7:30.

Arriving units report the fire was showing from the roof of the two family home.

Two ambulances were also requested to the scene. No word this morning on injuries.

The fire caused a lot of damage to the home.

Five adults and four young children are being assisted by the Red Cross.

American Red Cross Aids Nine AfterWest CoxsackieFire

POUGHKEEPSIE, NY (March 10th, 2019) - Volunteers from the Mid-Hudson Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross provided immediate emergency aid to nine people after a single family fire on Sunday afternoon, on Martin Road in West Coxsackie (Greene County).

The Red Cross provided financial assistance for necessities such as shelter, food and clothing to five adults and four children, ages 11, 3, 3 and1. Volunteers also offered emotional support and comfort kits containing personal care items and stuffed animals for the children. In the coming days, Red Cross staff and volunteers will remain available to help those affected by the fire as they navigate the road to recovery.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content