Fire tears through Athens home

Fire caused a lot of damage to an Athens home Saturday morning. The call came in just before 10 at 52 Union Street.

Over half a dozen fire companies from both sides of the river responded.

According to fire officials, one firefighter was taken to Columbia Memorial. Some pets were lost in the blaze.

They are calling the cause electrical.

Firemen were called back to the scene just before 2.

American Red Cross Aids Five After Athens Fire

POUGHKEEPSIE, NY (March 9, 2019) - Volunteers from the Mid-Hudson Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross provided immediate emergency aid to five people after a fire Saturday morning on Union Street in Athens, Greene County.

The Red Cross provided financial assistance for necessities such as shelter, food and clothing to two adults and three children, ages 5, 12 and 15. Volunteers also offered emotional support and comfort kits containing personal care items and stuffed animals for the children. In the coming days, Red Cross staff and volunteers will remain available to help those affected by the fire as they navigate the road to recovery.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content