According to the Daily Freeman, here are the arrest from August 5th!
• Strangulation/endangering: Anthony Pastel, 36, of Catskill, was arrested by state police at Coxsackie at 4:35 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 5, on Main Street and charged with the felonies of assault and strangulation and the misdemeanors of endangering the welfare of a child, driving with a blood-alcohol content at or exceeding 0.08 percent, drunken driving and aggravated drunken driving. Pastel was released with tickets to appear in Catskill Village Court.
• DWI: James L. Wedenmeyer, 50, of Glenford, was arrested by state police at Ulster at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 4, on state Route 375 and charged with the misdemeanors of driving with a blood-alcohol level at or exceeding 0.08 and drunken driving. Wedenmeyer was released with tickets to appear in Hurley Town Court.
• Drugs: Michael A.Thomas, 36, of Newburgh, was arrested by state police at Highland at 9:10 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 4, on U.S. Route 44 and charged with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance. Thomas was released with a ticket to appear in Lloyd Town Court.
• Obstruction of breathing: Giyoung Jeong, 28, of Poughkeepsie, was arrested by state police at Rhinebeck at 8:17 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 4, at their barracks, 5696 U.S. Route 9, and charged with misdemeanor obstruction of breathing. Jeong was released with a ticket to appear in Rhinebeck Court.
Town of Ulster
• Drugs: Erica L. Cavallaro, 39, of Saugerties, and Jeffrey J. Carey II, 30, of Kingston, were arrested by Ulster County sheriff’s deputies about 5:45 p.m. Monday, Aug. 3, on East Chester Street Bypass. Cavallaro was charged with the felony of possession of a controlled substance (two counts) and the misdemeanors of possession of a controlled substance and criminally using drug paraphernalia. Carey was charged with the misdemeanors of possession of controlled substance and aggravated unlicensed driving. The vehicle Carey was stopped for a broken windshield and no front license plate, and, during a subsequent investigation, deputies found Cavallaro possessed heroin, crack cocaine and a digital scale and Carey possessed crack cocaine and was driving with a suspended license, the Sheriff's Office said. Both were released with tickets to appear in Ulster Town Court.
• Contempt: Jacob Hval-Underhill, 35, of Kerhonkson, was arrested by state police at Wawarsing at 11:15 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 4, on Berme Road and charged with the misdemeanors of contempt of a court order, trespassing and criminal mischief (damaging property). Hval-Underhill’s status was unavailable.