According to the Daily Freeman, here are the arrest from Wednesday, May 6th!
• Drugs:Melvin K. Howell, 47, of Stephan Street, Kingston, was arrested by Kingston police at 2:49 p.m. Monday, May 5, and charged with two felony counts of sale of a controlled substance, two felony counts of possession of a controlled substance, and the misdemeanor of criminal use of drug paraphernalia. Howell had been the subject of a narcotics trafficking investigation at 76 Stephan St. that resulted in police issuing a search warrant for his residence, authorities said. He was arrested during the execution of the search warrant and was sent to the Ulster County Jail without bail.
• Drugs: Ralph E. Williams, 29, of Kingston, was arrested by state police at Coxsackie at 3:10 a.m. Wednesday, May 6, at the intersection of Interstate 587 and Albany Avenue and charged with two misdemeanor counts of possession of a controlled substance. Williams was released with tickets for Kingston City Court.
• Drugs:Vincent V. Velasquez, 30, of Hudson, Rebecca L. Machado, 23, of Hudson, and Gregory F. Kelsey, 30, of Greenport, were arrested by state police at Catskill at 1:55 p.m. on Thompson Street in the village and were each charged with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance. They were released with tickets for Catskill Village Court.
• DWI:Clare A. McLoughlin, 51, of West Hurley, was arrested by state police at Ulster at 9:08 p.m. Tuesday, May 5, on state Route 28A and charged with the misdemeanors of driving with a blood-alcohol content at or exceeding 0.08 percent and drunken driving. McLoughlin was released with tickets for Olive Town Court.
• Obstruction of breathing:Denis A. Shelagin, 36, of Spokane Valley, Washington, was arrested by Saugerties police at about 4:17 p.m. Monday, May 5, and charged with the misdemeanors of obstruction of breathing, obstruction of governmental administration and resisting arrest, and with the violations of harassment and trespassing. Shelagin was arrested after police responded to a reported fight in progress on U.S. Route 9W in which one man was armed with a wrench. Officers were told a male subject had entered another person’s property and had assaulted him and then fled the scene on foot, prior to the arrival of responding officers. A Saugerties police dog flushed a suspect out of wooded area off Arthur Lane who was later identified as Shelagin, authorities said. Shelagin allegedly continued to run away and was eventually apprehended after a short foot pursuit by officers and state troopers, they added. As he was being arrested, Shelagin allegedly fought with the officers and troopers, according to authorities. He was released with tickets for Saugerties Town Court.
• DWAI-drugs:Danne Clark-Ganslaw, 55, of East Hartford, Conn., was arrested by Ulster County Sheriff’s deputies at about 11 p.m. Tuesday, May 5, and charged with the misdemeanors of drunken driving and driving while ability impaired by drugs, and with traffic infractions. Clark-Ganslaw’s arrest followed a personal injury car crash in the town during which several mailboxes and multiple utility poles were struck, authorities said. She was taken to the Ellenville Hospital, where she was kept overnight for observation of minor injuries, and was released with tickets for Wawarsing Town Court.
DWI:Michelle L. Gallo, 21, of Ellenville, was arrested by state police at Wawarsing at 11 p.m. Tuesday, May 5, on Hacienda Road and charged with the misdemeanor of driving with a blood-alcohol content at or exceeding 0.08 percent. Gallo was released with a ticket for Wawarsing Town Court.
Copyright 2020 Getty Images